I hate to be the one to tell you this and yet, I think you may already know...we are more than half way through November! What does this matter? In business (or at least in a proactive one), November is when plans for the next year are being finalized and the current year is wrapping up. There is a sense of urgency to meet the objectives that have been set for the current year, money to be spent and deadlines to be met. Even typing this raises my blood pressure just a bit!
The thing is, when you are in business, you have someone - typically a boss - whose job it is, is to ensure, that you get s*#t done! That is part of their job and so it is inevitable that the business goals that have been set for the year get done.
What about your personal goals and objectives that you set for 2017? How did you do with them? That can get a little fuzzy. When we don't make a conscious effort to plan and get things done and we don't necessarily have a "boss" waiting for us to demonstrate our results, well, they can slide. This is life.
...and it doesn't have to be. I want to share a couple of things I have noticed about people who seem to set and meet their goals to make the change that they want happen in their life. Maybe some of this will resonate for you.
They are very clear on what they want and it is very specific - it is so specific that they are able to visualize it.
- They don't go after every single thing in their life at once.
- They have an awareness and willingness to make the changes they need to meet their goal.
- They have a positive mindset and a belief in themselves that what they want is possible.
- The intention for the goal is a positive one versus one motivated by pain.
- They take the time to check in with themselves to see where they're at on a regular basis and they ask themselves "how am I doing?" and "what's different now?".
- They are grateful for progress and patient and flexible - they don't let one little set back discourage them.
- They are patient and compassionate with themselves and the change they are looking for.
- They get support for the change - for example, they work with a coach; friend or some other sort of accountability partner or community.
- They know that small consistent changes lead to big results.
- They go back to the visualization of their goal whenever they need to and that provides motivation and reminds them of their intention.
If a goal for change is on your plan for 2018 I would love to have a conversation with you - 15 minutes with absolutely no obligation Contact me. Just a chat about why working with me will provide you with a really good chance of meeting your goals for 2018.